Friday, November 9, 2012

Alma 61 Fear Not


When Jon didn’t get hired as a teacher for CES I was not just disappointed in the decision, I was ticked.  I felt robbed.  I felt helpless.  I wrote two letters: one to Jon’s supervisor and one to the man in Salt Lake who was part of the problem, as I saw it.  I stewed and fussed and then I stewed some more.  However, Jon’s reaction was completely different.  I’m sure he was disappointed, but he didn’t seem angry like me.  “I trust the process Dad,” he said.  “They got it right.”  His faith in the people he had worked with and in the decision process was amazing.  His faith in God was amazing.  His words softened my heart and I began to repent.  I saw the Lord’s hand in it.  I wrote letters of apology commending my colleagues for their “Pahoran-like” reaction to my letters.  They were great.  They understood my disappointment and prayed for Jon’s success.  As Jon has gone forward, it is easy to see that the path he is now on is better than the CES path.  His talents and interests are blossoming.

May we go forth united and full of faith that the Lord will direct our paths and save our nation.  May the Lord bless our president.  Let us do as Chief Judge Pahoran said, “…fear not, for God will deliver [us], yea, and also all those who stand fast in that liberty wherewith God hath made them free.”

No comments: