Thursday, April 25, 2013

Moroni 10 Moroni Bids Farewell


I heard Neal A. Maxwell say that the most important scripture ever penned was James 1:5:  “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not, and it shall be given him.” He went on to explain that this scripture, when read by Joseph Smith, led to the First Vision, wherein he saw the Father and the Son.  The restoration of the gospel in the latter-days had commenced.  If James 1:5 is number one, and I would agree with Elder Maxwell that it is, then I would have as my number two, Moroni 10:4:  “And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.”  I have answered Moroni’s challenge with study and prayer regarding the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.  The Holy Ghost has revealed to my heart and mind that it is true!  This knowledge has changed everything for me.  The course of life outlined in its pages chart a safe journey back to God and Jesus; back to family and eternal life.  Moroni follows up this challenge with a charge to seek out the “…gifts of God….For if there be on among you that doeth good, he shall work by the power of the gifts of God.”  The Lord has given me the spiritual gift of teaching by the Spirit the truths of the gospel.  My career as a seminary teacher has been given to by my loving Father as a precious gift.  I was foreordained before I came to this life to become a teacher.  I am still becoming.  There is a beautiful road ahead.  I exhort my family to “…come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness…and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ….”  I know that my Father lives and loves me and my family.  I have felt his influence every day of my life.  I love him and want to follow him.  My witness of the Book of Mormon is strong.  I know it is true!  I love that Christ came to America and showed himself to the Children of Lehi after his resurrection.  Through sacred and precious words, prayers, blessings, and gestures of love, like letting them touch his hands and feet to witness the marks left by the nails and the cross, he let them know (and us too) how much he loved them.  Beloved and precious Stones, I love you.  Stay strong and valiant in your testimonies.  The joy of eternity lies before us.  This I testify, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: