Wednesday, January 9, 2013

3 Nephi 9 Come Unto Me


Out of the darkness came the voice Christ:  “Wo, wo, wo unto this people….”  There were no expletives in the language of this ancient people.  One “wo” would be strong; two would be very strong; three is the maximum!  This is as bad as it gets: a triple “wo.”  Notice what Satan and his angels do when we commit sin:  they laugh and rejoice.  This was the case with these great cities that had been destroyed because of their wickedness.

After recounting the many losses, the Savior then turns to those who had been spared “…because ye were more righteous than they….”  Jesus pleads, “…will ye not now return unto me and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?  Yea…if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life.  Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.  Behold, I am Jesus Christ the Son of God….And ye shall offer for a sacrifice unto me a broken heart and a contrite spirit...whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive…for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved.

To my beloved family:  come unto Christ, be happy, you are blessed.

No comments: