Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mosiah 1 The Large Plates Begin

Mormon’s abridgement of the Large Plates begins with The Book of Mosiah. In this first chapter we see King Benjamin concluding his ministry as the Nephite King and passing the authority to his son, Mosiah. King Benjamin reminds his sons of the power of the scriptures. If they did not have them on the Brass Plates and the Plates of Nephi they would have lost their testimonies and their spiritual way back to God. “For it were not possible that our father, Lehi, could have remembered all these things, to have taught them to his children, except it were for the help of these plates….” I hope I will never stop reading the scriptures every day the rest of my life. I hope for the same for my children and grandchildren.

1 comment:

jonstone said...

We're right with you in our family scripture study. Thanks for the continued commentary!