Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Jacob 6 O be wise; what can I say more?

Jacob 6
“Wherefore, my beloved brethren, I beseech of you in words of soberness that ye would repent and come with full purpose of heart, and cleave unto God as he cleaveth unto you. And while his arm of mercy is extended towards you in the light of the day, harden not your hearts….O then my beloved brethren, repent ye and enter in at the strait gate, and continue in the way which is narrow, until ye shall obtain eternal life….O be wise; what more can I say more?”

After giving the complete Allegory of the Olive Tree, Jacob gave a brief explanation and application. I have noted the application above. The explanation is that the alllegory recounts the history of the House of Israel. It provides an internal proof that the Book of Mormon is true, for surely Joseph Smith could never have written it himself.

No comments: