Wednesday, March 7, 2012

2 Nephi 32 Angels Speak by the Power of the Holy Ghost

2 Nephi 32
Nephi’s disappointment in not getting his people (and perhaps members of his family) to understand and act on his words comes out in verses 1-2 and 7-8. Even though “…it is given in plainness, even as plain as word can be”, he is unable to get the Doctrine of Christ to make a difference for many of those he has shared this precious doctrine with. I like to think of verses 3 and 5 as the “show and tell” verses. In verse 3 we learn that “the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.” And in verse 5, Nephi teaches that the Holy Ghost “…will show unto you all things what ye should do.”

Nephi’s words regarding how angels speak gives me a hope that my parents still speak to me through the power of the Spirit. I regard them to be “angels.” I think they can pray and have their desires conveyed to me and my family, but I also think they can speak by the Spirit and I will hear it. I think our ancestors have a great deal of influence on us in this way.

No comments: