Thursday, May 15, 2014

Ether 12


Ether 12:6 and Ether 12:27 are rich and deep and wide.  But Ether 12:39-41 gives us a glimpse of Jesus that I find profound.  Moroni, after having an interview with the Lord Jesus Christ says this:  “And then shall ye know that I have seen Jesus, and that he hath talked with me face to face, and that he told me in plain humility, even as a man telleth another in mine own language, concerning these things;”  and then he adds this humble invitation: “I would commend you to seek this Jesus of whom the prophets and apostles have written, that the grace of God the Father, and also the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost, which beareth record of them, may be and abide in you forever.”
Friends, we have it from an eye witness that if we were to see and talk to Jesus that he would talk to us in plain humility!  I love Jesus.  I also commend him to you.

No comments: