Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Chapter 6


I recently attended a meeting where Elder Larry Echohawk spoke.  He said that he had talked to Elder Packer and Elder Packer said he (Elder Packer) is among the “Gentiles” spoken of in this chapter.  Elder Packer told Elder Echohawk, who is among the House of Israel spoken of in this chapter, that much more needs to be done to find and teach his people. Isaiah saw the native people of the Americas being carried on the shoulders of the Gentiles in the latter days. These Gentiles are my ancestors and others who are non-native and non-Lehi inhabitants of the Americas. We who are Gentiles scattered and afflicted the native people, but we are now supposed to make up for past wrongs and do all we can to assist in bringing them to Christ.

 Elder Echohawk is a “Lamanite” who descends from Lehi in the Book of Mormon.  I served my mission among the Navajo.  I have a tender place in my heart for these choice people.  I was pleased to hear from Elder Echohawk that much is being planned by church leaders to reach Lehi’s children.  The native people of North America still need to blossom.  I want to do my part.

No comments: