Monday, September 24, 2012

Alma 29 Oh, I Married an Angel


“Oh that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart….”  Alma wants to do more than he has strength or ability to accomplish.  But then asks himself, “…why should I desire more than to perform the work to which I have been called?”  Alma’s is not an unrighteous aspiring to power, fame, or wealth; nevertheless, he recognizes that his desires go beyond what was the Lord’s will is for his life.  Recognizing this, he tones down his desires from mass angelic trumpeting abilities, to becoming “…an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.”  Notice his focus turns to the “one.”  Likewise, our focus should be on the one in our lives; first, to become converted ourselves, and then to look around and lift spouse, family and friends. 
Today is my 36th wedding anniversary.  I have felt incredibly blessed to have found such a wonderful person to spend my life and eternity with.  Jean is at the center of my heart.  I would be nothing without her.  I love her so dearly.  We have wonderful children and grandchildren that make our daily walk all that much sweeter. Also on this day:  Happy birthday Nick!

No comments: