Monday, June 16, 2008

Jury Duty

Today, I had the distinct privilege of going through the jury selection process. I was not selected. But, (we all have them) I had a great experience. It was a rare moment when I felt really proud of our country, our founding fathers, and the principles of the Constitution. Doing one's duty to one's country comes with a spiritual experience akin to doing one's hometeaching--only better somehow. I really wanted to get selected! The fact that I was willing to do my duty heightened my spiritual feelings. Most of my peers who were there were joking about how they could get out of being on the jury. I have to admit, I felt that way initially. But as the day wore on, I started to get into it. I felt something in my constitution about the Constitution. It was cool. I'm not dejected over the fact I was dismissed. But it would have been fun to go all the way to trial.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hey at least you got to read like 9 chapters of your book!!!
haha
em