Thursday, April 17, 2014

More of My Book of Mormon Testimony

Christ's visit to America, documented in the Book of Mormon, settles the question "Is this book true?" completely for me.  I picture Him here.  I see Him invite the 2500 onlookers to come and feel the prints of the nails in His hands, wrists, and feet.  I see Him heal their sick and afflicted.  I hear Him blessing and praying for the children.  I see the angels ministering to the little children.  I believe, as pictured in the Minerva Tiechert painting, that the angels brought food baked in heaven, and Celestial Sprite to drink (out of the containers if they wanted to).  In her painting, the angels brought barrels of yummy drinks, platters of baked goodies, and probably games to play. I feel that somehow those of us yet to be born on the earth were allowed to witness and perhaps participate in this glorious event.  I love the Book of Mormon.  I know it is true through the confirming voice of the Spirit of God speaking to my soul and heart.

No comments: