Thursday, December 13, 2012

3 Nephi 1 A New Star: Christ is Born


The five years have passed and Jesus will be born in the morning.  But the believers are getting persecuted and Nephi begs the Lord in prayer for help.  His words are miraculous in their content and logistics: for Jesus’ the babe is yet to be born, but his words are being given to Nephi thousands of miles away in America by the Holy Ghost.  “Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold the time is at hand, and on this night shall the sign be given, and on the morrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will fulfill all that which I have caused to be spoken by the mouths of my holy prophets.”

Then, as prophesied by Samuel, there was a day and a night and a day with no darkness.

A new star appeared in the heavens.
Dear Family,

I believe in the Star.  I believe in the shepherds.  I believe in the wise men.  I believe in The Babe Born of Mary in Bethlehem.  Let us increase our faith.  Let us be of good cheer!  Fear not! 

No comments: